Sues Blog

Just following others really

Friday, September 02, 2005

Peace here. Disaster in the USA

Peace Park at Surrender Point


Saw my first Lizard this week. Lizard! It was more like a Kimono Dragon! It was by the side of the road tucking into some road kill. At first I thought it was a bit of dirty cardboard but as I got closer. Blood and Sand. I was glad that I was in my car. 5 foot long, snout to tail. For sure. I spoke to my friend Alex and he told me that they usually hang around the bins looking for food. I can tell you that my bin is very much shut now.
I have finally got my water heater in the house. When we took the rental agreement we just assumed that there was a water heater. Wrong. Seemingly they do not fit them over here. Don't ask me why. It is just another one of the differences that you find out here. Did not mind the cool showers so much, but having to go up and down stairs with the kettle for a shave was a pain. Anyway all is OK now. Hot water everywhere, except the kitchen. You got it. They do not have hot water in the kitchens. ???
Whatever. At least the kettle is close at hand.
My friend Paul is flying in, actually right now as I type. Business trip. Yeah right. We will have lunch with George to discuss shipping. Sort out the invoices and then.... Business is finished and time to get on with the serious stuff. Like Beach, Golf and Bar. In that order. Not sure how long we will be able to keep up the pace in the bar as we were both up at six this morning and after the beach and Golf I can see us flagging once we have an hour in the Bar.
I have got my TV rigged up now and catch the news. Unbelievable what has happened in the USA. My heart goes out to all the people who are suffering. I met a chap called Calvin yesterday who arrived here on Thursday. His house has completely gone. Only the foundations are left. I want to call Joe in Singapore to find out about his family, but I am worried there will be bad news. I will call him on Monday.
Never forget how lucky we are.
Have fun,
Bob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home