Sues Blog

Just following others really

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Miri

I wonder where the gangsters live?


Thai Poo? Hmmm, Think I will give it a miss.

A quick note on my friend Joe, who I mentioned at the end of the last post. His family and house are all fine. A little bit of damage to his shed. I am happy for him.
The weather is definatly changing wordwide. Well I think so. Who knows what it will be like in 10 or 15 years?
Anyway it is sunny here. (Again)
Spent last weekend in Miri. Still in Malaysia but on the East mainland in the state of Sarawak.
It was OK. It rained all the time so I did not do too much walking around.
I was busy setting up things so we could operate Miri from Labuan. Hotels, travel agents, taxi companies, immigration, survival centers. Yes I did go to the pubs as well.
I was only there for 24 hrs so I did not do too much. Went shopping. A bit better than Labuan, but then it is bigger. They sell exactly the same things though. I bought some table mats from a local handicraft supplier. Did the usual and asked for discount. No good this time. Still 6 large table mats for less that a fiver is not too bad.
No harm in asking though.
They guy I was with, Ram Sing, kept going on about Miri gangsters. Like Miri is somehow different or worse than Liverpool or Manchester?
It seems the Miri gangsters push against you and spill their beer. Then demand that you buy them another beer. If you don't then there could be trouble. Hell that is original. I wonder where they got that idea from???
Nothing as dramatic as that happens her I am glad to say.
Ok that is it.
Have fun,
Bob

1 Comments:

At 2:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bob, Miri looks OK - not too gangster ridden. Have you any photos of downtown Labuan yet? Talk to you later. Love Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home