Week 3

Chimes in Singapore. A converted Church. Now full of upmarket bars. Very nice.
At last I am going to Labuan.
On Tuesday morning to be exact. I have a couple of houses to look at. I suppose if I don't like either then I can wait for another.
I asked Les, a friend of mine, if there was an Expat community there. In what area? Ah there is not really a large expat community there, in one place. They are all spread out and it will be quite likely that my neighbor will be Chinese. No problem.
They keep on telling me that the seafood is great. Butter prawns especially. We will see. At least it will be fresh.
Was out last night entertaining the auditor, Joe. Hiram was there with his wife. We must have had at least a dozen oysters each. They were very nice. Frozen and flown in from New Zealand. Very deep shells with a lot of meat.
If you ever get to Singapore go to the East coast road and look for a bar called BFD. It is on the beach and you get a nice cool breeze when you are sitting there.
Singapore is really a nice place. Very expensive as thae tax everything. But nice. I am a bit fed up with living in hotels but I should not grumble.
I got a telephone card yesterday. I paid S$ 10 and got S$1.80 free. the card can be used from anywhere and it should bive me 537 minutes of talk time to the UK. The card is called B.I.P. At last a bargain in Singapore.
Ok that is it for now. Have fun wherever you are.
Bob
3 Comments:
Hi Bob, Finally managed to remember the details to log in and leave you a message. Singapore looks nice, can't wait to see the photos of Labuan when you're all networked up again. love Sue
Hi Bob, finally remembered how to log on to this and have set it up so anybody can send you a comment wihtout having to have a blog themselves (so now your Mum can leave you comments :-))
Hi Bob,
Good to hear you're having a good time over there. The Petronas Towers looked pretty cool, I've only ever seen them on F1 coverage :)
Have fun
Sara x
Post a Comment
<< Home